PUBLIC ART: COMMISSIONS & INSTALLATIONS:
• Geographies: Mapping Beauty, Mapping Love, Award winning Three Year Commission
by First Night St. Petersburg (with Betsy Orbe Lester): December 31, 2003.
• Florida Craftsmen 50th Anniversary Conference,
Installation at Stetson University Art Gallery, March 2003.
• The Birthday Project, Award winning Art Installation/Communal Birthday Party
Three Year Commission by First Night St. Petersburg (with Betsy Orbe Lester):
December 31, 2000, 2001, 2002.
• Mnemonic Devices, a five room mixed media, multi dimensional installation
commissioned by The Maitland Art Center, Maitland Florida, March - April, 2002
• The Doll Show, (artists and curators with Betsy Orbe Lester), We challenged artists to reconsider the genre of the doll.
January - February 2002, The Arts Center, St. Petersburg, FL , invitational show of 15 national artists, all media.
March 1999, Mahaffey Theater, St. Petersburg, FL, exhibit of open call for work by over 70 Bay Area artists, all media.
• Once Upon A Time: We All Begin As Children, Percent for Art commission,
Installation at North Branch Public Library, St. Petersburg, FL, Winter 2001
8’ X 5’ painted, printed wood, metal, cloth, paper. Also an alphabet freize, 12"X30’ of printed and painted wood appliquéd
with brass, copper and steel letter forms and regional fauna.
• Make Believe, Installed during residency at Washburn Art Center, commissioned by Gallaudet University, Washington, DC,
September -December, 2000. Mixed media installation filling the atruim 40’X50’X25’. Paper Mache, cloth, wood, metal,
all painted and printed and embellished with found materials.
• Runaway Girls, Florida Craftsmen Gallery, St. Petersburg, FL, Mixed media installation. January 2000 Migration Artifacts,
Mixed media installation commissioned by the Scweinfurth Memorial Art Center, Auburn, NY August - October, 1997
• Illuminations: Touring the Night Garden, performance piece played against projections of mixed media collages
based on the life of Ellen Biddle Shipman, Aurora, NY and Schweinfurth, Auburn, NY,
Commissioned by the New York State Council on the Arts Decentralization Fund, 1997
• Finding Miss Isabel, Figurative cupboard, installation with public participation,
commissioned by The Howland Stone Store Museum, Sherwood, NY 1989.
Carved and painted wood, paper, cloth, metal, found objects, 5’ X 2’.
• Cast Of Thousands (or Paradise Reclaimed), installation and workshops,
commissioned by Art Park, Lewiston, NY, 1986. The Garden of Eden, peopled with many figures from tiny to
larger than life sized personifying warnings, blessings, and sources of personal inspiration. Installed both inside
a large studio barn and outside in the yard. Park visitors worked with us contributing ideas and embellishments.
Painted and carved wood, clay, metal, paper, plaster, cloth and found objects.
• First Night International, Creative Programming Award, 2000, and 2004
Public Art Collection of the City of St. Petersburg
Reynolds Tobacco Company
City of Orlando Permanent Collection
Orlando-UCF Shakespeare Festival
Golden Artist Colors Inc.
The Pew Charitable Trust
Florida Craftsmen Permanent Collection
First Night City of St. Petersburg, Florida
Our work is in hundreds of large private collections, including several listed in Art & Antiques 100 top collectors issues.
Click here to visit our Exhibits page.